Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer is fun?

Today is officially the first day of summer at our household, for my daughter anyway. She is done with school. And while I am excited at having her home full time, today hasn't been the best day. So far it has gone something like this: woke up to a ton of rain falling, no playing outside. My children were mega upset because we didn't have any milk and they had to have banana bread and eggs for breakfast instead of pre-packaged, fortified, coma inducing, sugar laden cereal. It took me 35 minutes to take those crazy twisty tie things off of some toys that I got at a garage sale, during which they decided to apparently see who could yell the loudest. By 9:30 I was tuckered out. (I know that seems early, but my kids got up at 6:00 and came into my room to see if I was still sleeping.) I told them if they got their rooms cleaned then they could watch a movie. But of course deciding on a movie that they both wanted to watch had a slim chance of succeeding, so I told them they could watch Cheaper by the Dozen 2, and if they didn't like that they could go somewhere else. Why does that move, along with the first one, insight people into thinking that 12 children is a fantastic idea? Even with all the craziness in the movie, whenever I watch it, I think, aw, big families rock. We should have 12 children! (I do actually think that big families rock, but after my morning, 12 is not a number that I am currently aiming for!) They did great at lunch, but then again fell apart after fighting over who could be in eachother's room. We decided to play with Play doh, and of course, with 12 different color options, they both wanted the same color. I finally pulled Mommy rank and ordered my kids to nap at 1. I am fairly confident this will help things for the rest of today- seeing as I allowed them to stay up until 8:30 last night to celebrate the last day of school. But for now, I will enjoy what will hopefully be an hour or so of quiet, relaxing bliss. Okay, not really, I have to pack for my entire family to go out of town to butcher chickens this weekend. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment