Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My Trick for Winter Dry Hands

About mid-way through October my hands (and face, but that's another story) went crazy with the change in weather.  Add in all the hand washing, and dish doing, and my hands are screaming for some moisture.


Six Effective Home Remedies For Dry Hands
Ouch.

Here's the trick I've been utilizing quite effectively.

I take my homemade Lavender Salve, rub it all over my hands, put on my rubber kitchen gloves, and either do some dishes, or run some extremely hot water over my hands so the heat can help soak the salve into my skin.

Here's the recipe:

Lavender Salve

1/4c. dried lavender flowers
5 drops lavender essential oil
2T. beeswax pellets
1/2c. virgin olive oil

Add oil and lavender flowers to pan, warm oil on low for about 15 minutes,stirring occasionally, do not boil!  Strain out oil from flowers.  I like to put the oil into a glass measuring cup that I can then put into a saucepan that has a couple inches of water in it already.  Bring the water in the saucepan to a boil. Then I add the beeswax into the the oil, and melt together with the lavender oil.   Pour into a 4 oz. container, then add your lavender essential oil.  Let cool for a bit before putting the top on.  Once it isn't super hot, I like to put the top on my jar and shake it.  It seems to help it solidify up quicker than just waiting for a long time.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment