Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Do Sunscreens Cause Cancer?

I've been on a bit of a natural kick lately.  And this sunscreen article by the Food Babe just makes me feel like I am headed in the right direction.  Basically the chemicals in sunscreen are big and bad and cause a lot of problems.

Here is a picture from her article on the the worst sunscreen culprits.

Toxic Sunscreens

See that pretty pink one on the left?  That is the only one we have ever used on our kids.  Oops.

Here's a picture of the good ones.

Safe Sunscreens

It's worth looking into at the very least if you are one who slathers your kids in sunscreen as we do to 3 of our 5.

The above good sunscreens aren't cheap, so I recommend you make your own using this recipe. And when you go to buy your zinc oxide from Amazon, make sure you type in non-nano because you don't want it to be absorbed through the skin into the blood stream.

We made this recipe and "flavored" it was some peppermint essential oil which the kids love.  They smell fantastic and it seems to work pretty good.  And I definitely feel much better about the fact that I am not slathering my kids in all sorts of horrible chemicals.


No comments:

Post a Comment