Friday, July 11, 2014

Peppermint Tea- A Yummy Summer Drink with Health Benefits

After 8 days of being away from the house, my peppermint plants have grown like crazy. Which is good because I have been drinking peppermint tea daily, and if it hadn't of been for our Missouri trip, I quite possibly would have harvested the whole plant!


Here is a recipe for Peppermint Tea.  I make it hot, drink some and then let it cool and finish the rest as iced tea.

Peppermint Tea

- boil water
- take two 4-5 inch peppermint sprigs, muddle slightly and place in teapot  (you'll want a teapot that is 6 cups if using that much peppermint)
-pour boiled water into teapot
-add one black tea bag, steep for a few minutes, stirring occasionally
-add sugar to taste
-drink hot to enjoy immediately and cool the leftovers for iced tea


Here is a list of the health benefits of Peppermint Tea.  I don't know about everything on this list, but we have used it for stomach upset, headaches and to bring down body temperature from a fever.

Health benefits of peppermint tea (Good thing I drink this stuff like water)

And this has nothing at all to do with Peppermint.  But I thought it was funny, and since technically it's nature....

junk in the trunk... #captionme
Does this bark make my butt look big?

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy peppermint tea also, but never tried it cold...Sounds yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete