Monday, September 8, 2014

Wet Clothes Left In a Dryer

Chris left a load of wet clothes in the dryer for 5 days when we were gone and he was in Canada. You can pretty much guess what that smelled like.  Death.

From The 25 Most Awkward Cat Sleeping Positions:  "Imagine that you are a wet T-shirt, fresh from the washing machine.  Drape yourself accordingly."
And this picture has nothing to do with dryers, but it is in a laundry room plus it's funny.  I'd have to be real tired to fall asleep on that.

Anyway, we just got home from almost three weeks away and I had a ton of clothes to wash, and a nasty dryer to clean first.  I was going to use vinegar/water to clean it, but I don't really like the smell of vinegar and it just seemed like a lot of work.

So instead I grabbed a towel, got it soaked and wrang it out, and then put my Purification oil from Young Living (you can use whatever brand of oil you want, they almost all have a Purification blend of some type)all over the towel, probably a total of 20 or so drops, popped it into the dryer and ran it for a full cycle.

And it totally got rid of the smell.  I was a happy, happy camper.  I've also used the oil to get rid of the pee smell in the kidlets room after unfortunate night incidents.  I also use Purification when Chris cooks fish and I want to get rid of the smell real fast.

Here are a couple of Purification oil options:

Native American Nutritionals: Purify  $17  The cheapest but I don't like this smell the best.

Young Living: Purification  $25  What I used

doTerra: Purify  $24  another option




No comments:

Post a Comment