Thursday, April 29, 2010

email junkie

I have turned into an email checking freak. Since we are technically a "waiting" family, I check my email probably 10 times a day. It has gotten quite pathetic. But I almost can't make myself stop. What if we got a referral and I didn't know about it for a couple of hours? What if we needed some important piece of information, and by not knowing it right away, I am causing delay and our children will be separated from us for longer? I keep tabs on the news in the country, and check the yahoo group that I belong to. I pop in on blogs of others that are adopting from the same country to see if they have any updates as to what is going on. I also periodically check the price of airline tickets as I try to imagine what month we might be leaving in. I am annoying myself! I honestly don't know what the cure is. I tell myself that I am only going to check 3 times a day- morning, noon and night. But then, I find myself drifting back to the computer. I have adoption OCD! I dream about our adoption at night, and think about it during the day. I have run through so many different scenarios that I could probably write an award winning adoption movie. Please, someone tell me I am not the only adoptive parent freaking out like this!

1 comment: