Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My first post

Okay, I gave in and decided to start a blog. I fought it for months, basically because I am computer illiterate. I just spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to do everything and make it look pretty. Other people's blogs are gorgeous. I want this blog to be like that, but I am guaranteeing nothing! Now, on to the reason why I am doing this. We are adopting from Africa. Independently. As in, without an agency. At first this seemed so overwhelming. When we started looking into adoption, we didn't even know you could adopt without an agency. Luckily, we have learned that people involved in adoptions tend to be very supportive. We have met many amazing people who have given us help. Hopefully, we can do some of that for others through this blog. I defnintely want to get one of those little side bars that tell you the timeline of our adoption journey, I just haven't figured out how to do that yet. But, for now I will just give you an update. We just switched our home study from Ethiopia to a dift. African country, and will be re-filing our I-600A with the government this week. Then we will frantically be collecting the items needed for our dossier. I am shooting to have everything in by the beginning of June. I don't know if that is at all realistic, but June is a nice month, and it seems doable. (Not that I have anything to base my reasoning off of!) So, that is it for my first entry, I am actually quite proud that I was able to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment