Monday, October 4, 2010

He needs his brother......

I think this picture pretty much sums up the fact that Owen needs his brother home, like right now! Someday I am sure he will be mad at me for posting this picture. But he was actually feeling pretty cool that he and his sister were matching in "dresses".

I do believe that our house needs a little more maleness to it!




We did get the toilet fixed. Chris went hunting and I panicked because I had two kids looking at me that I knew were just going to have to go number 2. So I did what any person who doesn't want to pay weekend plumber prices: google it. You would be amazed at the advice found for clogged toilet. I was actually quite impressed. (For some reason, every time I use the word "quite" it makes me feel British! Don't know why that is...) Anyways, I found the advice to dump a box of baking soda in the toilet, then slowly adding a medium size bottle of vinegar. It's like a science experiment right there in the toilet, your kids will think its awesome- I promise! Then add a gallon of hot water and let sit overnight if you can. I couldn't, but I did let it sit for several hours, and it worked! I think our problem was that I have been buying toilet paper that is 3-ply, great for the bottom, apparently not so great for the pipes. So now I have to go back to boring old, sandpaper 2 ply. Oh well. At least my toilet will work then!

No comments:

Post a Comment