Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Supermom

Yesterday was one of those days where I felt like supermom. I managed to get an extraordinary amount of things done in one day. I impressed myself!

We have 8 huge trees in our backyards that the leaves fall off every year. Because we live in town, the city comes around and will suck up our leaves with this neat truck if we can get them to the curb in time. Yesterday I decided to call city hall and see when our leaf pickup date was because I was starting to see a lot of piles around the neighborhood. Turns out it is today.

So the kids and I quick went outside and started raking, and raking and raking. We actually had to break it up, but managed to rake the entire yard in one day. My hands have blisters all over them. Ava and Owen did a pretty good job as well. They could stay focused for about 15 minutes, and then they realized that it was way more fun to jump into the leaves then rake them. Still we got it done.

Then I decided to clean out half of the garage. Only half because on the other side is all of Chris' fishing junk- I mean super important stuff. We are trying to get the garage clean so we can actually park in the garage during winter. I hate having to go some place and wiping mounds of snow off the car when it is -15 outside. Not my idea of fun. In general, I am not a winter person. Of course, why I reside in a state with winter practically 6 months of the year is beyond me.

Anyway, I was sweeping the garage and noticed something weird on the ground. I couldn't quite figure out what it was. Got up close and it was a completely flat, basically mummified mouse. Disgusting. I have no idea how long it takes a mouse to go completely flat and turn into a mummy. But I am going to guess a long time. I did get half the garage looking absolutely beautiful.

And finally, when we were done with all of the outside work, I went inside and baked an apple pie from scratch.

Now the only problem is, I may have set the bar too high for myself!

PS- Nothing on the adoption front regarding news for those of you who read this for info. on adoptions. Believe me, when I know something new- you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment