Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To keep myself from going insane regarding the fact that we are totally just waiting on court to happen, and the fact that we DON'T have a referral for a little girl yet, and I am starting to get paranoid about the whole process and that we will end up with zero babies, I have decided to sew a quilt. Yes, I need a hobby.

I hoofed it down to JoAnn Fabrics with a quilt in a day book for the type of quilt called Boston Common. I spent a long time in front of the fabric section trying to be artistic and all that stuff while my son built a fort in the cart with all of the bolts of fabric I kept adding. Finally, I got what I figured would be a decent looking color scheme. (Later my husband would tell me that it was retro, which really wasn't what I was going for, but he didn't say it in a mean way, so I can't get too upset).

Anyway, this book says "quilt in a day". I have put approximately 3 days into this quilt, and so far, I have the middle section done, and a couple of fancy ends. After 3 days. Hmmm. The book says "quilt in a day". Then I open it to the back, where this older granny looking lady who created the book stated that she sewed the top in 15 hours. It took a professional 15 HOURS. Not exactly quilt in a day. Now I am hoping to make "quilt in a week", but we will have to see. I am not really all that artsy fartsy. (I hate that term, but what else do you use?) But it has been a good diversion from obsessing about everything adoption related. Of course, my checkbook can't keep handling me making a quilt a week until we can go and get our children home, so after this, I will need to find a new, less expensive hobby. I will post a picture in the event I ever finish the darn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment