Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Last night we got a new picture of our son. He looked so different from the first picture, that I would have sworn up and down it was a different baby. So much so, that I emailed our caseworker, and basically said, thanks for the new picture, but are you sure this is our son? She assured us that yes, it was our son.

We had friends over that are in a bible study on Tuesday nights with us. I busted out the two pictures and had them try and decide if they thought it was the same boy. Both of them said they really feel like it is the same child. In the first picture he is looking straight at the camera, and is making a face like he is about ready to cry. In the second, he has his head turned slightly and is puckering his lips. I am going to trust their thoughts because A. they both have more children than I do, and B. they are not as emotionally freaked out about it as I am.

Regardless of how different he looks in the pictures, he is absolutely adorable in both of them. In the second, his cheeks are filling out nicely and I still just want to kiss those gorgeous lips of his! It appears that he is very healthy and getting food whenever he wants it.

The pictures are so much fun to get, but it is so hard knowing he is growing and changing so fast that I can't even believe it is the same child, and yet, I have not held him or seen him. It makes my heart hurt to know that he will be at least 6 months old before I even get to see him. All that time away from me.

I just pray that he is being well taken care of and loved, and that he is able to somehow know that God loves him so much, and that he has a family that is coming. We are coming, slowly, but as fast as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment