Monday, November 22, 2010

We have our good friend from Uganda here in the states. He has been here for almost a month, and returns on Wednesday. We are sad to see him go as he was hoping to stay a couple weeks into December. However, today I was moved by the blessings that have happened recently regarding Uganda and the orphanage that our friend runs.

This morning we were able to pack 3 huge suitcases with items to bring for the orphans. I am just so pumped at peoples generosity and I so wish I could be there to see the kids' faces. The best news by far is that our church did an offering to raise money so that we could take care of the food needs for all 55 kids for the next year. The youth alone raised $2700, and the total so far is $8,500! Food for a year cost the kids about $4800. That is to eat twice a day, everyday. I just cannot belive the amount of money raised, and I am so excited to see what will happen with the excess above the cost of food. We have a relatively small church and as a group, our hearts have really been heavy for these kids in Uganda. It is so neat to see a group of people moved, and then respond.

I also may have a chance to return to Uganda in February 2011. I would have to completely fundraise the amount to go due to our adoption expenses. I am definitely spending a lot of time praying if this is what God would have me do. I am beyond excited about the idea of it, but am not sure if it is God's will for me right now. Of course, when we went last January, we made the decision to go and then left 3 weeks later! It will all come together if it is supposed to!

Who knows what is in store for me in the near future! It sure is fun to think about. Uganda totally transformed my life last year. From working mother, to stay at home mom amongst the least of the changes due to that trip. I miss the people and the country immensely. REALLY hope that it is what I am supposed to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment