Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's 2:52 AM, and I absolutely cannot sleep. I went to a friend's Scentsy party and had 2 cups of coffee and a Coke. Pretty sure I could not be more wired than I am right now. I tried so hard to lay in bed, but my husband's peaceful breathing was driving me up a wall, so I decided that catching up on blog reading (and writing) would be the best use of my time.

Given the current time, I don't exactly have all that much that is intelligible to say. But I did, however, find winter boots this morning, (after all the crazy rush of Black Friday was over) that are ranked to -148F. Yep, you read that correctly. -148F. They will be perfect for sitting in a deer stand, or if I ever get the urge, to climb Mt. Everest. I walked around the store a fair amount of time to make sure they fit right, and I have to admit, I probably looked slightly like an astronaut. When I finally took them off, I swear my legs and feet stayed warm for a long time afterwards. I can already say that I am in love with them.

Still no adoption news, but I am just going to gloss over that and move on to: my girls getaway tomorrow! Because it is much more fun and doesn't cause me any anxiety to think about.

3 of my girlfriends and I are going for a girls weekend tomorrow (well, actually today- in 6 hourse, I should probably be sleeping!) I am hugely looking forward to this as it will be a good break for all of us, and is coming at a much needed time for everyone involved. Our schedule is to pretty much hit up every thrift store we can find, and just chill. We have 13 children between the 4 of us, so this will be almost like a miracle for us! Hopefully our husbands will survive. I know they will, but with all of the "what are we going to do without you", you would think that I was leaving for a month! I honestly can say I cannot remember the last time I went away with a good group of friends and had some girl time. Bring.it.on!

Okay, now that I am pumped up about my trip, which I still haven't packed for, I wonder if I should bring my new Everest boots.... I should probably try to go back to sleep. Except I am hungry, so maybe I should eat something. But doesn't that start your system running again? Which will in turn keep me up longer?! Night blogging is something I think I should stay away from!!

2 comments:

  1. no news...story of my life! Love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the story just seems to continue on and on....wait, wait, wait! I don't know what will happen when we finally hear that we pass court! I just might faint from surpise!

    ReplyDelete