Friday, January 7, 2011

Blessings

I have been on a role this week with posting! Don't know whats gotten into me!

Everyone knows that adoption is expensive. Most people don't even start it because the fear of money is just too much for them. I had been working for a year (when I thought it was time to start my career, only to travel to Uganda and have God tell me I need to be a stay at home mom again!) and we had been saving almost all of the money I had made. My working, short as it was, provided the funds for almost all of our adoption fees. Huge blessing.

Then I got the bill in the mail for foster care. Somehow along the way, I had forgotten about foster fees! Mostly I think it was becasue we paid the first 3 months, and then I didn't think about it ever again until the bill. Foster fees aren't huge, $300 per month total for both kids, but if it takes 6 months to still get them, we are talking $1800, plus airline and travel. And let me tell you, airline fees to Africa are not cheap! I was starting to get a little nervous about the whole finance thing. In the back of my mind I am thinking about all of the things monetarily coming up. Ava needs orthodontic work, we have a pretty large deductible for insurance, my kids usually end up in the ER every other year or so, it didn't happen last year, so 2011 must be the year, the struts on our van pretty much are non-existent, and the list goes on...!!

Last night Chris called to let me know he was going to be working late, then all of a sudden I can tell that he is talking to someone in his office. He starts talking to me again and I finish whatever it was that I was saying at the time. He then says, I just got a bonus check from my boss. What?? He was given a rather large bonus check last night, and we had no idea it was even coming. Can I get a huge amen! God is so good! This check will allow us to pay for all of foster care, plus most of the airlines and travel fees, and we still have time to save the rest and more. I am blown away about how God has provided for us. I was starting to doubt and thinking that we would have to raid some of our investments, and bam, everything covered. What a blessing!

2 comments: