Thursday, January 20, 2011

I have this thing about not decorating my house with family picutres. I know, it sounds terrible, and completely un-motherly like of me. It's not that I don't love them, or love their faces, I just don't like plastering them on the walls. My hubby thinks this is a weird trait that I possess.

Right now our fridge is covered in family pictures from Christmas cards. I think I may have reached my breaking point in time alloted for them on the fridge. They are all haphazard and stuck up any old way. Maybe that is my issue with family pictures on the wall. You have to put them in those huge frames with no real organization to them. As I am typing this, I realize that I must sound like an OCD person when it comes to organization. The sad truth is I am one of the messiest people I know. But maybe, deep (and I mean deep) down in my subconcious, "organized" Jess is dying to come out.

Anway, since I have no adoption news to report, or anything else exciting for that matter, I thought I would post the various things I have hung on the wall in lieu of family pictures.



This was made for us in Uganda by a young man we met. It is done on cardboard, and there is a drawing on the other side as well. He hoped to be an artist when he grew up. It is hanging in our hallway.



These are also hanging in the hallway on the otherside. I found this neat old book of drawings by this nature guy, so I took it apart and hung them up. They're kind of hard to see because the only way I could get the picture was to stand in the bathroom doorway and it created a huge glare, plus I couldn't get any closer because then it was too dark and you couldn't see them at all.



This is by our front door. It is a map we got on our honeymoon when we went to Belize. I wish it would have shown up when I zoomed in because there are all these cool drawings amongst the drawing, and it is so gorgeous in real life.



This is hanging above our sofa. I made it out of copper like 8 years ago when I saw a similair one in metal in Pottery Barn but wan't going to pay $100 or whatever the price was. So I went and bought a huge length of copper, put it into shape and started drilling. It is a huge pain to move, and requires several nails to hold into position.



Also in our living room. I just liked the zebras. Plus they were from Ikea, and therefore, extremely reasonable.



These are hanging in our kitchen. I got the prints off ebay and hung them up. There is another wall that has 5 hanging in a row, but I forgot to take that picture.
I also have some seriously cool mirrors that I scored at a thrift shop and spray painted black, but I forgot to take pictures of those too, and this post is probably about a mile long already. If you made it this far and read the whole thing you are amazing!
Hopefully I will get some sort of adoption news soon, so I don't have to make you wonder about what exactly is going on in my head to make me post random things!

























No comments:

Post a Comment