Saturday, January 1, 2011

First post of a New Year

So, today is day 1 of 2011. I really have no idea where all of this time is going. But it just keeps passing before my eyes. We are never able to stay up until midnight and welcome in the New Year. I honestly can't remember the last time I said hello to 12:00 am. Call me a party pooper, but I would much rather sleep!

Today the kids and I toasted the New Year at lunch with sparkling grape juice called "Cold Duck". I bought that one just for the name- I feel a tradition in the making! We sat around the table and each said one thing that we wished for the New Year. Chris and I said the same thing, that our babies would come home. Ava asked to make lots of new friends, and Owen asked that trees don't blow over in the yard. Okay. Not really sure where that one came from.

It has been a super relaxing last couple of days. The kind where you try to figure out exactly what you did to pass the time, but you just can't remember. Weekends where we do "nothing" rarely happen at our house, and we are enjoying it immensely! Right now, I am quietly sitting on my couch typing this and the kids are downstairs playing. Pretty soon, these quiet moments will be a thing of the past. Two more babies ought to shake up our routine a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment