Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So blogger was a stinker the last few days and I had all of these totally awesome things to write about (not really!) and now I can't remember any of them. Plus my last post about overnighting our paperwork to our agency to hopefully get to DRC in time got mostly deleted. But I was too tired to write it out again.

Instead I will write about how my son had his third eardrum burst in the same ear and we spent Sunday night in urgent care until 10:45 after just getting home from 4 hours out of town. Lots of fun. We were going to try and wait it out overnight so he could see his regular pediatrician, plus it costs way less to see a regular doctor instead of urgent care, but he fell apart pretty quickly and was in a ton of pain up until the moment it burst and this nastiness came out of his ear and all over my shirt where he was trying to fall asleep in the waiting room.

We called his doctor on Monday who said lets see if has another ear infection and then she would send us to an ENT. Meanwhile I am thinking that if he needs tubes or something along that line that this is the perfect year for that since we will most definitely hit our deductible with the kidlets coming home.

Aside from medical woes we also planted the rest of our garden and then tried to cover it all up last night because it was supposed to be very cold. Didn't happen, but some of my plants don't look all that healthy and I have a feeling a few of them are going to bite the dust. This won't be all that surprising since I am newbie at this and really have no clue what I am doing. But I sure do have a big enough garden- 17X37 feet. We figured it would be a good way to grow some organic veggies that we know where they came from, I am just praying that something grows, aside from turnips which we planted about a zillion of, and lets be honest, I have never in my life eaten a turnip and so have no idea what they taste like.

The baby room is coming along, we have both little toddler beds up, and man they look absolutely adorable, but like my hubby said, how are we going to keep the kids in them? they are most definitely not like cribs, and Chris thinks we are going to have a major challenge with the kidlets and keeping them in bed. On the other side though, we just don't have room for 2 cribs in the small bedroom they have to share. Plus I figure if they are crawling/walking out of their beds to be with us, we should probably scoop them up and continue the attachment process, although this leads me down the line of thinking what happens when they are attached and still trying to sneak out of their beds at 4? Guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I have a 6 yr old who still does that! I soak it up though... I know it won't last long. (Having a king size bed helps though! ;)

    ReplyDelete