Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nelson Baby #5

Sorry for dropping out of the blog world this last week. We've been a little busy. Nelson baby #5 was born on Friday at 4:37 pm. Little Truitt weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz, and was 21 1/4 inches long. He's is doing really well. Loves to eat. All the time. As in he wants to eat every 2 hours, but I have to stretch him just to make it to the 2 hour mark. This may present a challenge!

His big brothers and sisters love him. Owen couldn't remember his name right away so took to calling him the "teeniest baby". Ava completely loves him up, and Kembia and Moyz mostly like to stick their fingers in his mouth.

I have been doing fairly well. They had to poke me 5 times to get an IV in. Apparently my veins have lots of valves. Then I broke out in a rash from all of the medicine they had to give me. And then this morning I woke up with severe joint pain in my ankles, knees, wrists and elbows. Never had that before, and really hoping it goes away quickly. Amazing how every time you have a child and do all the same things your labor and reactions are completely different.

I did manage to get a stretch of almost 4 hours of sleep last night! yeah!

Anyway, hopefully in the future I will be able to update more than once a week. That really is my goal. In the mean time, here is a picture of Truitt. He looks so sweet laying there. Really he has no idea of the chaos and large family he just joined! he is probably going to be our toughest child by default. He will have to be to survive his big brothers and sisters!



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He's beautiful. I'll be praying for your aches and pains. Can't wait for more pics next week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just precious and you are totally SUPER mom!!! Congratulations on your newest little blessing.

    Kathleen
    ourtreeofhope.com

    ReplyDelete