Friday, July 27, 2012

10 Crazy Kids in an Itty Bitty House

This week we had some friends over, see their craziness here.

Between us two ladies, we have 10 kids.  Now, I should probably preface all this with the fact that I used to be the mom that hated having play dates for her 18 month old because it was really just an extra kid to watch, and why ever would I want to do that??

Can't you see God just rolling his head back and laughing at my life now?  I can.

The best part about having play dates when your kids are old enough, you know, to actually play, is that the Mommas can get a moment or two to actually talk like adults.  And let me say how much I like to be an adult.

Plus, I have come a really long way compared to my former child-phobic self.  The kids ran in and the kids ran out (remember the worms crawl in and the worms crawl out song?  yuck)  They ran up the stairs and down the stairs.  Where, I am ashamed to admit looks like I should be on an episode of hoarders.  I'm working on it, I swear.  But honestly, I can barely keep the upstairs level of my house clean and it is just so much easier to ignore the basement.

The best thing, aside from us girls just chilling and chatting to the best of our ability, is that one of the boys told Owen that "your mom makes the coolest food ever".  Which made me feel like mother of the year, because I loathe lunches with a passion.  I can never, ever figure out what to make, and my kids seriously only want ramen and mac n' cheese, which isn't happening.  So gold star for me for that day.  And the lunch fare?  Pizza potatoes.  Put potatoes in the oven, cook for an hour, take out and add cheese, pepperoni and pizza sauce and walla- super awesome lunch fare according to the kiddos.  And not bad for the adults either.


No comments:

Post a Comment