Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Turn Me On Tuesday!

So I thought that I would try something new.  Every Tuesday I am going to post some things that I am loving.  Several blogs I follow have done stuff similar to this and I always love it because I find out about new things/ideas without having to search hard.

Without further ado, here is my first week:

1.  Garnier BB Cream

Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream Light/Medium
I am very low maintenance when it comes to make-up.  For the longest time I was a mascara and eye-liner girl.  Then the eye-liner slowly got dropped from my routine.  I have never done anything with foundation or powder or anything of that nature, mostly because I could never find a product that matched and I was too cheap to spend $35 on something from a fancy store.  However, I love the polished look of someone who has just a little bit on, like you can't even tell that they are wearing anything.  Due to a slight case of Rosacea, that is almost never me.  But one day I got a good coupon in the mail, and thought, what the heck.  And I bought this in light/medium.  Oh.my.word.  Love it.  I would wear it everyday except I don't like to wear stuff like this in super hot weather.  I put it on over my moisturizer/sunscreen.  It makes a world of a difference.  I probably will forever have this in my very limited arsenal.  $11.99

2.  Burts Bees Lip Shimmer




Still on a make-up kick- I truly swear to you I am low maintenance!  I happen to love a little color on my lips if I am going somewhere and not just kickin' it in my house.  But full on lipstick seems too heavy, and lip glosses can seem to "I am pretending to be a teenager with all the shine and goop".  In Montana my aunt had this in the color fig.  It is the perfect color- slightly more than your lip shade, but not too overwhelming.  And apparently in Montana it is THE hot seller.  I had to go to 3 separate stores because it was sold out.  I also just recently bought plum, which is a darker shade, I have a weakness for a dark plum-y lip.  The above shade Rhubarb is their number 1 seller according to the website, so I may have to give that a whirl as well, although the cap is kind of an intimidating pink for me.  $4.99

3.  Acrylic Paint Kits

Complete Acrylic Painting Kit.Opens in a new window

I'll admit it, I am a wannabe artist.  I cannot for the life of me come up with anything on my own, I can however copy exceedingly well.  I recently bought a set of acrylic paints on clearance at JoAnn's for $6. (At the very least of if I flop, then I can use it for homeschooling Ava under art) The one above is $25 at Target online.  Mostly I did this because I have a frame on a wall in the kitchen that had a picture of me when I was pregnant with Owen on it (it was never on display, thank goodness!), I had it because I wanted the frame there but not the picture.  I needed something fast, and I decided to do something similar to a Cocoa and Hearts painting seen
here.  I am going to be 100% honest with you.  I really like Jen's blog Made By Girl, she is super trendy, lots of good ideas, and I love it- a christian.  However, her artwork for a small painting goes for $90.  And it is essentially strokes of a paintbrush in a row with different colors.  A great way to do a color scheme, but I won't pay $90 for it.  I can, however, do something similar.  And so I will.

4. Greek Gods Honey Yogurt

20090824-yogurt-greekgods.jpg

It looks like this, only with honey in the title.  This is serious yogurt, super thick and a very unique taste.  The best way to eat it is a dollop or two with blueberries on top, don't eat too much as it is extremely thick, a little dab will do you.  It rocks.  That is about all I can say about that.  $4.99 for a tub.  Too expensive to feed to your kids!  

5.  Paris Hilton Perfume  (This specific one below, not all of them)

Eau de Parfum Spray for Women

Okay, so before you all drag me out behind the barn and shoot me for such a seriously faux pas, just go and smell it, okay?  I smelled this on a woman that I passed one day several years ago, and I had to stop her and ask her what it was.  She very quietly said that it was Paris Hilton perfume.  To which my jaw hit the floor and I said something intelligent like "really"?  Anyway, as ashamed as I am to admit it's beginnings, I love this perfume.  So much so that it has become my signature scent.  A 4 piece gift set at Target is $32.00  Just so I can have some dignity left after this post, I also love J'adore, and Pleasures, both of which are considered high falutin' types of perfumes.  There, now I respect myself a little bit more!


No comments:

Post a Comment