Monday, March 3, 2014

East of the Sun and Ship That Sailed to Mars

Randomly one day, I googled "the most beautiful books", just to see what popped up.  And somehow I came across these two.  

                          


Both pretty obscure looking from the outside.  But you know, you can't judge a book by the cover... because check out the insides.

Ship that sailed to mars:

    


       


East of The Sun And West of The Moon

         

       

Both are about $25, so not cheap.  If you can only pick one I would go with East of the Sun and West of the Moon.  I think the images are quite a bit more beautiful the Ship that Sailed to Mars, and the East of the Sun is a compilation of Northern fairy tales, where Ship that Sailed is one story.

The second images from East of the Sun were done in 1914.  I amazed at that because they seem so different from that time period.  I plan to use both of these books with the kids' homeschool curriculum next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment