Thursday, December 2, 2010

December already

I cannot believe it is December already! Where has the time gone? We have officially been pursuing adoption for 13 months now. Not all of that time was in our current country. We had a country switch, an agency switch, and about 4 months where we spent time looking at other countries and waiting for one to open. What a journey. Still no real end in sight. We continue to wait on court, and haven't heard much recently as far as updates. There are a couple of families in country, and they have been tied up with them. Apparently there is some new paperwork that the consular is requesting. This waiting game as time ticks by has been hard. And our children just grow older, each day without us. I am still trying to patiently wait and trust that God's plan is the best, but I will admit that my heart breaks when I look at their pictures and know that I am missing them. Still, there is some reason for them not coming to us now, even though we don't know what it is.

Our girls weekend was so much fun. We went to a thrift store where this little old woman asked us if we were college students! Very sweet of her, but we had to laugh because some of us have children that are almost half way to college themselves! She said "I think I am going to just quit today and hang out with you girls the rest of the weekend! I have money!" It was very adorable. And defintely a much needed break- it seems that all of us have been bogged down by things in our lives recently, and so it was a good rejuvination for us.

The husbands did well with the kids. I am always half hesitant/half excited to hear what happens when I am gone. Chris and another hubby of a wife on the weekend, took all of our kids sledding. Apparently it was a fun-filled event, that wound up with two kids face plowing into the snow and bleeding. When I saw the pictures it looked like one little boy had jam on his face- nope blood! Plus Ava "sort of" slid off the side of a hill (which she called a cliff) and into the woods. And then there was the time when one of the boys was going too fast so Chris tried to grab him to keep him from "falling of the side", when he grabbed the sled instead and the boy kept going! You have to love winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment