Sunday, December 19, 2010

I don't even know how to start this post! (In a good way, I promise)

Obviously my last update rocked our world about losing our little girl. We then made the decision that we were going to move forward with our little boy only. We called the agency and said that we felt the best decision was to get our little boy home the fastest way possible, and that meant not waiting for another girl referral.

That night we laid in bed and talked about how upset I was that we wouldn't have both of our children crawling around the house, and tried to process the loss of the little girl and what that meant. I will admit I was emotionally a wreck. Chris did a great job trying to comfort me, and we talked about what the future would be like with our son home, and tried to think of only positive things about the situation.

Fast forward to the next day. I got a call around 10 am from our caseworker. She said that she was completely stunned, but that we had passed court for BOTH of our children, and that the little girls' mother had signed the new additional paperwork that our country is requiring stating that she was giving up her little girl for adoption, etc., etc.

I asked what did this mean, and our caseworker told us that the kids were ours and that we would be moving foward with the adoption of both of the kids! Of course I started to cry and had to call Chris immediately. In less than 24 hours we went from losing our little girl, to being her legal parents (provided nothing happens in the 30 day non-appeal time)

We are completely stunned, and excited. I am nervous given the flip flopping of the mother that she might come back in the 30 day period and change her mind again, but I am trying to trust that this is it.

We do know that our little girl was removed from the orphanage by her mother and spent some time with her, although we do not know how long she was with her. We are also nervous about what she ate while she was gone, and her current health status, as we do not know this information. I can only suspect that after she was removed from the orphanage the mother did not have a smooth time with her, why else would she bring her back? I remember wondering if my other children would ever stop crying- if I was a 13 year old girl would I have been able to handle it?

We are praying for anything that may have happened while she was with her very young mother, and that somehow if her physical needs were not met, that her emotional needs were.

We are so excited to have finally passed court- about 14 weeks later, and are praying for a very fast 30 day non-appeal period!

Thank you so much for your prayers. We ask that you would continue to pray for our adoption. I have recently heard that getting the exit letter from the government could take quite awhile in the future, and that appts. at the embassy are not coming as fast as they used to as well. We continue to pray for our adoption, and Gods' will in all of this. It has been a crazy last few days, but we are excited to be moving forward with both of our children!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! Truly amazing! I will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine what an emotional roller coaster you've been on recently! Let's hope that everything continues to progress and the next 30 days fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GLORY TO GOD! I came to "check in on you"... I is amazing that I don't yet realize that God does hear! Praying for her sweet little b-mother and praying God's amazing blessing on her! Thank you for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete