Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Very Hopeful Timeline

So, being who I am, and that I have a tendency to obsess about oh, almost everything, I have laid out a timeline below. Sort of a best-case-scenario timeline. It depends on our new court papers being correct, and the previously mentioned missing documents to be with the new court paperwork. (This would be a miracle!)

Friday Feb. 25th- review new court paperwork

File I600- around March 7th, this would give us one week to get all those forms filled out

Approval- I am shooting for one month from filing, mostly because the last family through our agency got their approval in a month- it took two weeks to get assigned a caseworker, but then she emailed her caseworker every two days until approval. That is my current plan- annoy the caseworker with my frequent emails so they will get our approval done fast to just get rid of me! (Hoping it works this way as oppossed to them taking a long time to process our application to spite me because I am annoying and bothersome!)

Apply for embassy appt.- this is taking about one month, so that would put us at the beginning of May.

Travel- mid May

3 weeks in country and then HOME!

So in my best case scenario story, we should be home with our kidlets in May/June. Really don't know if this will happen, but love to imagine that it will move smoothly and fast.

2 comments:

  1. I too stalked my USCIS caseworker and it took me 4 months for my I-600A so I'm not sure if I'd really suggest that.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for smooth and fast. :)

    ReplyDelete