Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My hubby and my son had a birthday recently- both on the same day. Owen turned 4, and I won't share Chris' number because he may have a teensy problem with aging "gracefully"!

Poor Owen. Four apparently isn't all it is cracked up to be. On the morning of the birthday we ripped down the last counting chain, but he looked at me and said "I can't be 4 mom, I haven't grown anymore and I am still the same size." I tried to explain that you don't automatically grow more on your birthday, but he was almost distraught that he wasn't larger, so he couldn't be 4. We finally got him convinced and when he went to his well-child exam, he promptly told the doctor, that he was 4 but just the same size. And also that when he grew up and became a daddy he would still be named Owen. Oh, and that his dad killed 1001 deer this year. The doctor pretty much ate him up with a spoon! The thing that kid says! When we had the cable buried in our yard for internet, he sat outside on the picnic table watching the man put it into the ground, then he told the guy "I don't think my dad is going to like that you are doing that to my yard." I've tried hard to write down all the things he says, but there are just too many.

No news on the adoption front. Soon as I know something I will pass it along. You know that just keep swimming song from Nemo? I hear that in my head over and over again. Only with the words "just keep moving forward", only it doesn't sound as good as the original. Good thing I am not a Disney movie.

1 comment:

  1. My son and husband have the same birthday too! :) Hope you hear something soon...

    ReplyDelete