Monday, September 5, 2011

One Month Old

Truitt is officially one month old today. I remember with Ava, one month seemed like a humongous achievement. I kept something alive with my boobs only. Considering I was the first of my friends to have a child, and didn't live near any family, this was a considerable feat!

And apparently my whole family is adjusting to the breast feeding thing. Owen informed me while looking at his chest that his nipples were "tiny", and that "they were not food nipples". Oh my word. Can you just hear the laughter that was begging to come out? Instead I calmly behind my laughs told him that no, his weren't food nipples because boys and men aren't able to feed babies. God gave that job to the mommies.

Still getting up a couple of times a night. Bummer, but I didn't have any other kids that slept through the night until around 6 months, of course I have several friends who's babies slept through the night at 2 weeks. I cannot even imagine the bliss that that must have been!

And we have oficially moved into size 1 diapers. Newborns are so tiny and giving him heat rash, but the ones are just a little too big. Heat rash vs. pee leaking out of the sides occasionally, not sure which one should win!

Anyway, that's what's new for us on this fine Labor Day. Ava starts third grade tomorrow! Can't believe another school year is ready to go.

1 comment: