Yep, that's right. After 10 years (seriously) of wanting to pierce my nose I finally did it. I had some birthday money, and I figured I probably should do it now rather than later so people don't think I am having a mid-life crisis if I do it when I am 40.
And my friends swear up and down that I can "pull it off". So here it is:
If you look really close on my left nostril you can see it. If you click on the picture and make it bigger you can also see it much better. My mom called me a "d*** hippy". Off to a good start I guess.
Ava and the kids love it. Chris thinks it's not too bad either. I think he might have been envisioning a giant gold hoop or something along that nature.
Everyone asks how they do it, so in case you don't have one of your own, it's like this:
1. They clean the area
2. Make you smile as big as you can to help determine the placement of it
3. You confirm you like where they are going to put it, and they mark it with a marker
4. You lay down on a table, and they stick a stopper piece up your nose
5. You take in a big breath and then they literally jam a hole in your nose that's stops at the stopper piece
6. Insert earring and off you go
I have to clean it with sea-salt water a couple of times a day. It hurts just a little bit, although a lot if it gets bumped, and although you can't see it really in the picture, is red in the area around it. It will take around 3 months to heal. A lot longer then I would have imagined.
My only thought is that I wish I would have done it sooner. I put it off for various reasons, didn't want to do it when I was pregnant, didn't want to spend the money when trying to adopt, things of that nature. But I am glad I finally bit the bullet!