Monday, June 4, 2012

Pink and Black Braids

I have a friend who's daughters have braids with colored yarn in them.  It looks so stinking adorable I had to do it with Kembia.  Well, we started last night, and then will finish today.  Here's the pic half way through.  Notice that she is in Moyz's jammies, and you can see Truitt in Kembia's pink jammies.  Moyz has no jammies on, that's because he peed in them.  But the other two, I feel a little bad about putting a girl in boys jammies and  vice versa, but if I can't find their's when I am looking I just grab the first one I see.  It will probably give them a complex of some sort, but that's just part of growing up.


I have to admit I am not sure how I feel about them.  She is super cute in braids, but colored braids make her seem a lot older.  She's not even 2 yet, and she has colored hair!  I envision later rebellion where she comes home with a colored fro.  And now Ava has hair envy and has requested yarn braids with color as well.

Plus, this morning Ava came up with some tattoos and asked if she could put it between her shoulder blades.  When pressed for the reason, she said "because that is where you have yours".  In the end, they were iron ons, and not tattoos so she had to go without.

What am I setting myself up for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment