Monday, November 18, 2013

Mulling It Over

When I was pseudo-hunting, my cousin and I stopped by a winery in the Black Hills.  I am not one for wine and truthfully only like it if it's quite sweet.  So I was a little bit hesitant at first.

The winery we went to was called Prairie Berry in Hill City, South Dakota.



Isn't it pretty?

Anyway, we got to try 5 or 6 different wines, and I was pleasantly surprised.  Of course I gravitated towards the sweet ones, and ended up coming home with a pumpkin/cranberry, which sounds totally disgusting, I know, and two others which I can't recall what flavors off hand but you will have to trust me when I say they were definitely yummy.

But the big surprised was mulled wine.  I really, really liked it.  And it was even made with a dry wine, which I will admit was a little too dry, and I would make mine with a sweeter, but still, that says a lot.

They make their own mulled wine concoction and sell it for $7.95.  I bought some for my Downton Abbey party I will be hosting in January, but I think I am going to serve it for Thanksgiving with the Pumpkin Bog wine.

You can order it from Prairie Berry, Williams Sonoma, and other high-end food stores, or you can make your own.  Try here, here and for an alcoholic free option, mulled apple cider.










No comments:

Post a Comment