Friday, November 15, 2013

Sides

I have to be honest.  I am not totally over the moon for turkey.  I live for the sides at Thanksgiving.  Now, I come from a Scandinavian background, so we have typical things like green bean casserole and stuffing from a box (which I love, by the way).  And I find it comforting to have a similar meal every year with family.  It's all part of the tradition.

Recently, I came across some new recipes that totally up the ante.  But they are still similar to what you know and love.

Bobby Flay's Wild Mushroom-Bacon Sourdough Dressing

Picture of Wild Mushroom-Bacon Sourdough Dressing Recipe

I don't even know where to start with this one.  Sourdough, mushrooms, bacon?  Three of my favorite foods all together in this yummy goodness.  It's a little labor intensive compared to, you know, opening the box of Stove Top, but infinitely more times better.


Herbed Monkey Bread



This one came straight out of the Food Network magazine, but I couldn't find the exact recipe online so I found a similar one by Paula Deen.  But instead of making all of them parmesan and italian seasoning, mix it up a little by rolling some in paprika, dill, parsley- whatever herb you so desire.  Sure beats plain butter biscuits.  (Although, who am I kidding, those are great too!)


White Chocolate-Cranberry Cheesecake

Picture of White Chocolate-Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe

I think I have died and gone to Thanksgiving food heaven.  I mean, have you ever even imagined something like this?  True thing about cheesecake and Chris.  He used to hate it.  With a passion.  But I love it, and so enough time has been spent with me where he know likes it as well.  But I think this recipe might just push him over into the love category.

All sounds good, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment