Thursday, April 3, 2014

To Vaccinate or Not?

health

As a former microbiologist, I have always leaned to the vaccinate side of the argument.  And to this day, I still tend to tip in that direction.  However, as time goes on along with research, I find myself swinging to the other side.

Recently, a Dr. posted an article in the NY Times saying that exemptions to vaccines should be curtailed by the US govt.  Meaning, if you don't want to vaccinate your children, tough, the govt. will make you. It may be no secret, but I am not a fan of the govt. telling me what to do.  I think this is very dangerous territory.

Here is the link to the article in the NY Times.

And here is an article written in response to the NY Times article.  It is quite lengthy, but very, very fascinating.

Again, take the time and read it.  I think you will be happy you did.  At the very least, it will make you want to thoroughly research any and all vaccines your child will be getting.  Pay attention to the article and the mentioned side-affects of vaccines.  It is quite frightening.

People have quite violent opinions about vaccines for either side.  I don't really think there is a happy medium.  The best thing is for parents to be as aware as they can be.  I think a lot of people spout opinions without research, and that doesn't help the argument at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment