Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And sometimes she likes to clean.....

I have noticed that as I wait, and wait, and wait for a referral (although, technically we have been waiting 11 days since we were "officially" on the list, it feels like much longer since we have been pursuing adoption for months)my blog frequencies have gone up. Mostly, it is to help me keep my sanity by saying what is going on in our lives and putting it out into the great, wide internet world. When I start doing two a day, then we will all need to panic. Anyway, thought I would share a cute story about my son in church on Sunday. In honor of mother's day, they asked some little kids some questions and read off the responses. It went something like this:

My mom is magnificent at: fishing.
Now the thing about fishing in our family is that it is highly genetic. And because I married into it, I don't actually possess the fishing gene. I do like fishing, when they bite. So I mostly read in the boat. But my husband asks me if I will read and hold a fishing rod, because then we have more chances of catching fish. And almost always without fail when I am so involved in my book that I cease to notice what is going on in the boat, I get a bite.

Next statement, Occasionally my mom likes to: clean.
My son got that right. I want to be an uber organized person. I want to float in the Container Store and find all of the just right storage items I might need. But here again, I lack the cleaning gene. Truthfully, I feel better when I wake up in the morning and the kitchen is clean and I don't have to do dishes right away. (We don't own a dishwasher, so staying on top of the dishes is a big priority in our house.) I will never forget when I visited a friend's house when I was just getting to know her. It was by far dirtier, messier, and more unorganized than mine. I cannot describe the feeling of relief I felt when I walked into her house. She didn't apologize about it at all. My kind of girl. So in honor of those days when you just can't get it all together, I will post following picture of my kitchen as of 4:09 this afternoon. Hopefully, it will make you feel better if your kitchen looks like this. And you will know that you are NOT the only one. If it freaks you out and you can't handle it, I am home most days and would love it if you came by to clean! (And yes, that is a "dead" bouquet of lilacs, but they were beautiful, and the best smelling flowers ever!)



Last question: my mom makes great: fish
What can I say. Like father, like son!

No comments:

Post a Comment