Friday, May 7, 2010

From the mouth of babes....

It's cold, raining, and all around crappy here. We have a good chance of gettting SNOW in the next couple of days. We had the warmest March in MN in recorded history, 79 degrees in April, and now, possibly snow. I have been drained of all interesting/remarkable/not stupid things to write about. But while pouting, I for some reason started to think of funny things my two kids have said in their short lives, and decided to share those. Hope they make you laugh.

Daughter:
1. when asked at the doctors office what games I play with her, she responded "none. all she does is read." (she was 3)
2. for some reason, squirrels were called Goda. -cause that's close to squirrel
3. picking ear wax out of her ear, "mom! I have peanut butter in my ear!"
4. after my hubby helped clean up my puke when I was sick I told her I had married the best man in the world. she said "Or the best one you could find" (4 years old)
5. Probably my all time favorite (although number 4 is pretty good) "It sure is taking me a long time do die"

Son:
1. t-shirts are "sleeve short shirts" he has one for all of these sports that he doesn't play, and even one that he calls his "Troy" shirt because he pretends to be Troy from high school musical
2. after sitting on the toilet and he no longer was peeing, looked up at me, and with a terrified expression asked "is it broke?"
3. after really pressing us for details on how babies are made, we told him that God gave us a special way to make babies, to which he followed up with "you put us in the oven and then in your stomach?"
4. told me I had "the nicest bibbles" (that would be boobs, it has to be innate)
5. and my son's all time favorite: first I have to set the scene, last interview with the social worker for our adoption, in a tiny office about the size of a closet because he forgot we had an appointment and all of the other offices were taken. My son grabs his penis and yells "this is the biggest my penis has ever been! look how big it is! why is it sticking up? I can't push it back down!" right in front of the social worker, who thankfully didn't hear (he was older) or blissfully chose to ignore him.

Gotta love what kids say!

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh really hard. Your sons with the social worker was the best tho. I can picture it with my son actually. Your kids sound really smart by their comments. Those are the kids that come up with gems!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete