Friday, May 28, 2010

double injuries

So in less than 24 hours, we have had two decent injuries at our house. Last night, Chris caught a softball in center field with his mouth. By default of not having enough players, I was playing catcher and saw him catch (or at least it looked like it from my angle) and then drop the ball. When we ran off the field he had blood all over his face. I don't do well when Chris has injuries. I can take care of other adults and kids who are bleeding, but for some reason, I get the heebie jeebies when I see him bleeding. He had this huge chunk of skin still paritally attached hanging from the inside of his mouth. It was disgusting. Poor guy. I can't even imagine how much that had to hurt. He got some ibuprofen in him and slept it off. Today he is doing better, but then heard a story about how something like this happened to another guy, and it got infected and he didn't know about it, and the infection ate away the guys jaw bone, so now he has cement where his jaw bone should be so they can give him fake teeth. Then he started to panic. After calling around and speaking to several dentists, he probably is okay, but will need to check if he has recent x-rays so they can compare later down the line. Then, this morning, my son wanted to help me load the washing machine, so he hauled his cute, little wood chair over. I am not sure how he did it, but he somehow put one of the legs down on the bottom of his big toe. He started to cry a little that it hurt, but he didn't panic too much until he saw the blood. I carried him upstairs thinking that he probably just scraped around his toenail. Nope, he has a huge cut that runs the whole way down his big toe, and up onto his foot. For a moment I thought that he was going to need stitches because I couldn't see how bad the cut was underneath the blood. It wasn't too deep, just very long. Then my daughter had to come home from school because she threw up in the hallway. I am thinking that it's my turn next. I don't know if I should try and leave the house so I don't get sick from my daughter, or stay because who knows what will happen out there! Maybe all of our incidents will happen at one time, and then we will be scott free for the rest of the summer! If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment