Thursday, May 6, 2010

brussel sprouts

I blogged once before about how it would be in my best interest to lose a couple of pounds. Truthfully, I haven't done such a great job about trying to alter my eating behaviors, and so, I have lost 0 pounds. But I have however, not once been hungry! (Sick that I have to reason with myself, huh?) Anyway, last night the Nelson's had pizza, and in an effort to be healthier, I opted for one slice and brussel sprouts. I happen to be the only person in my world that loves brussel sprouts. Cut them up into fourths, saute with some olive oil, garlic salt and pepper, and toss in a cut up onion- Yum! Seriously, you have to try it. I even put them on my pizza and ate it that way, and I am definitely doing that again. Unfortunately, I ended up eating a total of about 1/2 to 3/4 POUNDS of brussel sprouts (not all on one slice of pizza). Now the upshot is there probably isn't a lot of calories in half a pound of brussel sprouts, so it isn't like I ate 1/2 pound Big Mac, but on the flip side, do you know what half a pound of brussel sprouts does to your system? Oh my word. I really am not trying to be vulgar and gross, but I had to fart so bad and my poor husband just asked me if there was anything he could do. I was close to considering having him jump on my stomach to force some of the air out. Instead, I tossed and turned with stomach cramps all night long. It is now afternoon the next day, and I swear I am still gassy. What if I was on one of those crazy diets where I only ate vegetables? I would probably look super svelte, but no one would be able to come within a 10 foot circumferance of me!

1 comment: