Tuesday, May 25, 2010

long time, no type

I feel like it has been forever since I typed anything! Our garage sale completely wore me out. I was exhausted from having the garage sale, and then exhausted from cleaning up my house after the garage sale. It is a vicious cycle! So today, to escape from it all, and to put off even further cleaning, I decided to take our first trip to the beach. Yep, the beach, in MN, in MAY! Whoever heard of such a thing? A week and a half ago we had 35 degrees, it was 91 today. Bizarre. However, I won't pass on a gorgeous day in the sand. My daughter is still in school, so she missed out, but I called up a couple of friends and we went with a gaggle of little boys. They had a blast. My son has glowing white skin thanks to his red haired, freckle faced father. I did an awesome job of keeping son screen on him. Not one spot of red, signifying too much sun, not enough SPF. I was sooo proud of myself. Until I realized that in my effort to keep him protected, I sort of forgot about myself. And by the time I felt the pain, and put sunscreen on, it was too late. I am maroon. It is a color that I am pretty sure people are not supposed to be. My daughter told me I was the color of one of her Laura Ingall Wilder books. I am in mucho pain. Big pain, ginormous pain. I dread trying to go to sleep tonight, because inevitably, I end up on my back, and I don't think back sleeping and big, giant sunburn go together. Hopefully this will be my painful lesson learned, and summer will go on without a hitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment