Monday, May 31, 2010

Egyptian Cotton

I have to make a confession. Years ago, when Chris and I got married, for some reason his mom told us to by the best bed sheets we could afford. I have no idea why we were talking about this, and now as I type it, it seems like really wierd advice without the context it was in. She suggested Egyptian cotton. That sounded great until I went to the store to purchase them and saw the price tag. Needless to say, I did not go home with Egyptian cotton sheets. I had the fabulous idea to buy sheets on sale. Mostly I did this during the after Christmas sale when the sheets were 75% off. So we have ended up with various holiday looking flannel sheets. A little kitschy but hey, I probably only spent about $5 per set. Flash forward to this past week, where it has been 90 degrees, and I am loathe to turn the air conditioning on for two reasons, one, because it is still May, and two, all that cold air costs a lot of money. But my hubby and I couldn't stand it any longer on those crazy flannel sheets. We were down to our skivies and still hotter than heck! So I went to the store, and low and behold, those legendary Egyptian cotton sheets were on sale. On sale so much that I could acutally afford them! I scooped them up after I spent much too long deciding on what color I wanted and brought them home. The first morning after we slept on them, Chris looked at me and said "these sheets are awesome!" So a shout out to my mother in law, you were right! They are the best!

Other amazing news, I learned that we are "offically" next on the waiting list for our babies! (I previously thought we were #1, but we weren't, but NOW WE ARE!). We are more than excited and I have to somehow keep myself from obsessively stalking my email address waiting for our referrals to come in! We bought our first items for our new beautiful family members, little bibs that say "Little Sister", and "Little Brother". Now that I have that out of my system, I will wait until we get information on how old they actually are before we purchase anything else for them. Unitl then, we are praying much for our children, and we know that God is with them until we can be as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your blog from the Rwanda adoption yahoo group. I would love to talk with you and learn about what countries you have looked at, and where you finally ended up. If you have a minute, would you e-mail me at janasolomon@hotmail.com? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete