Friday, May 14, 2010

The global day of prayer is this May 23rd. Our church is doing 24 hours a day from 12:00 am this morning until the 23rd, in prayer. People sign up to pray for an hour and go to the church. I have to admit that I had a bad attitude about it. About trying to take the time each day to pray. So I made myself sign up at 2:00 in the morning every day. I know that I shouldn't have approached it with that attitude. Last night was the first night, and I admit, waking up at 1:50 to go and pray was not something I was thrilled about. Especially since I didn't go to bed until 10:30and I didn't sleep well thinking I would miss my alarm. When I got there, I thought what am I going to do for an hour? But I was amazed at how fast the hour went. I have to admit that I really needed to spend some serious time in prayer. I have been fairly anxiety ridden (okay, a lot anxiety ridden) with our adoption, thinking of the 8 million things that could go wrong with it. The country could close, the children could die, we could lose thousands and thousands of dollars. If there is anything to worry about in adoption, trust me, I have though about it. And it has become a hold on my life. Last night I was able to spend some quality time praying about my fears, and what the future holds pertaining to our children. I really, really needed that. Last Sunday, our pastor made a very good point. Everyone talks about how the Olympics brings the world together. 80 nations participated in the last Olympics. But the Global day of Prayer has people in all countries of the world participating in prayer. Talk about bringing the world together. I am excited to see what happens in the next 10 days. I am excited to see what changes will come about in my family, and church and community. I would love to pray during this time for you if there is anything you need prayer for. You can leave a note in the comments section, and you don't have to be specific if you don't want to be.

God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth should change.
Psalm 46: 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment