Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Call me Rachel Ray

You know the feeling you have come 4:00 and you have no idea what to make for dinner? I tend to have that feeling on a semi-regular basis. Tonight was no exception. I am digging through my pantry filled with canned beans and chicken broth, trying to figure out something new and exciting, when I grabbed a box of Linguini. On the side was a recipe for linguini with clam sauce. Suprisingly, I happened to have a bottle of clam sauce on hand. (who has clam sauce on hand? I have no idea why I had a bottle in my cupboard!) I quick ran to the grocery store at 4:15 and grabbed two cans of clams. Got home, cooked it up, and hello. It was awesome! My kids even loved it and wanted seconds. How many kids do you know that eat clams? Especially kids who know it is clams and then still eat it? I feel like an amazingly accomplished chef, which I am sooo not. It tasted like something you would order at Olive Garden, only for 75% less moola. Below is the recipe. Hope you love it!

Linguine with Clam Sauce

16 oz. linguine
4 garlic cloves minced
3T. butter or margarine
20 oz. clams with juice
1 c. clam juice (in addition to juice above)
3T white wine, optional (I did not use)
1/4 t. pepper
grated parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, cook garlic in butter over medium heat until soft, about 2 minutes. Add clams and juice. Cook until heated through. Add wine and pepper. Pour over pasta in individual bowls, top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment