Friday, July 16, 2010

Gotcha Day videos

Lately, I have really been into watching Gotcha Day videos. These are short videos that adopting families make of the first time they met their children. I love them. I have personally known none of the families that I have watched the videos of, but I cry every.single.time. I am not sure that it is the healthiest thing for me to be doing- I am not a pretty crier. My face turns bright red and splotchy, and my eyes puff up. But I can't help but watch! It is amazing to see the love in the faces of the parents and the families. I cannot wait for it to be our turn. (Which is another reason I probably shouldn't watch so many- it makes me really wish that it was our turn right now.) If you haven't had the chance to see any, you can go to youtube and type in Gotcha Day and a whole bunch will pop up. They are so much fun. I can pretty much guarantee that you will like them. I can't guarantee that you will cry, that seems to be reserved for ginormous saps like me. I cried at Toy Story 3 with my kids, who by the way, did not cry, and probably thought I was nuts! Perhaps we should not make a Gotcha Day when we go to get our two beautiful babies. Chances are I will be sobbing, plus with the red, splotchy face and more likely than not, snot, it may not make the best video! Oh well, that is all part of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment