Thursday, July 29, 2010

Good Exhaustion

I am beyond tired. This week has been our vacation bible school week. Since we don't have a church building (we meet in the high school), we do our VBS in the middle school. We have over 100 kids from our church and the community. It has rocked. The kids have been on fire and ready to participate. Same with the adults, although we drink lots of caffeine to help keep us going! The kids have been raising money by doing chores for the orphanage Chris and I visited in January. My two, all on their own, without me asking, cleaned their bookcase and the front closet. I was super impressed. One little girl from VBS cleaned the toilet at her house. Pretty amazing if you ask me. I hate cleaning my toilet! I think that Ava and Owen are going to be more than slightly disappointed next week when Monday comes and we aren't frantically trying to get out the door in time.

Other than that, no news on the adoption front. I am holding out hope for the last two days of July. Of course, now the fall clothes are starting to show up in stores, which is making my resolution not to by anything for them until we know who they are, a little bit harder. Okay, a lot harder. I know that they will be coming home when it is cold, so when I see those cute baby tights, and puffer vests, I can just invision my beautiful children in them. It was easier to avoid the little swimsuits and tank tops, because where I live, no one wears stuff like that for about 6 months out of the year. Have you recently looked at baby jeans? Could there be anything cuter? Plus, I live near a Carters outlet, and they have the greatest return program. As long as you have a receipt, you can return an item in 10 years if you wanted to. It takes a fair amount of self control to not by everything now, thinking I will return it later if it doesn't work!

Aside from battling my urge to buy things for children that I don't know what size they are, I have been trying to get rid of a whole colony of ants that came into my house with a plant that I have been moving back and forth from inside to out to soak up the sun. My kids love it because then they can play "ant smasher", but on the other hand, it is annoying to have them crawl on you when you least expect it, and I still panic and think that it is a tick. I grew up on a farm, so I really have no reason to be such a wimp when it comes to small insects, but I do not.do.well.with.ticks. I can, however, fake it very well when there is a tick on my kids and they are panicking. Then super mom comes out and is able to get it off without freaking out. It might be hard for me to hide the fact that I want to shreak and go running from the room, but I stay and get that tick off of them. (see also spiders). Isn't it amazing the things that we can do for our kids?!

No comments:

Post a Comment