Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Apparently our furnace is on the blitz. Yesterday Ava came up and told me that there was a funny noise downstairs, could I come and figure it out. Last time this happened the carbon monoxide detector battery was low. This time it was loud and obnoxious noises emanating from the furnace.

This could present a huge problem as it is -14 degrees right now where I live. And it is not going to get warm any time soon. (Good thing I have my everest boots!- see previous post if you have no idea what I am talking about!)

The good news is, we still have heat, we just get the bonus noise. The bad news is the fan could go at any time and then we would not have heat. Chris is going to try and order the part today, but if he can't find it locally, it will have to come via snail mail, and obviously we really can't have it take too long. Of course, we can always pay for expedited shipping, which will cost us an arm and a leg, so now the debate is do we spring for the extra moola, or risk it? Probably we will risk it, we have good friends where we can stay at their house in a worst case scenario!

Of course, last night I had a Scensty party for my girlfriend who is just starting her business, and we were having a grand old time laughing and being silly and smelling a million (okay 80) scents for the home. It was so much fun. Until Chris came up and said "I think I broke the furnace" It was a good thing it was towards the end of the party because it put a damper on my mood just a tad. I started running around the house and putting extra blankets on the kids and trying to find the spacer heaters to be prepared. Well, turns out Chris thought it was broken because it hadn't kicked on since he opened it up to look inside, but upstairs, with all of us women laughing and having a good time, we created all of this extra heat and the furnace had no need to turn on! Funny story, and I am so glad we didn't have to go the night without heat.

Now if the furnace can only hang in there a few more days....

No comments:

Post a Comment