Sunday, December 5, 2010

You know it is time to stop showering with your children when your son looks at you and says "Mom, your stomach is huge! Especially when you lean back!" We were in a hurry to get somewhere so I told my 3 year old that he could just shower with me, and the above blow to my confidence came from that!

Of course he did follow up quite nicely with "But your stomach doesn't always look big, Mom." How sweet of him! I believe the term for that is constructive criticism (sort of, I am not sure if that is the correct term, but it sounds pretty good!)

I have to laugh at him in general when it comes to baths and the like, because he absolutely LOVES them. As in he will come up to me and tell me he has "stink butt" so he needs to take a bath. Which involves bunches of bubbles, toys, and about an hour long in the tub. I will walk in and he will be laying down so his ears are in the water and he will be saying things and listening to how his voice sounds. This used to make me panic because of the whole fear of drowning in the tub my mom instilled in me as a child, but I just obsessively check on him.

Then he has to wait until all of the water is drained out before he gets out, but the very last thing he does is flip over onto his stomach and do his "exercises". This involves him sliding back and forth in the tub and using his feet to push off the one end to get speed and distance. Please note that this is done in a regular size bathtub, so I am not quite sure what "distance" he is talking about. But at this point it has become a ritual and one that he cannot stray from!

I asked him why he couldn't just stay 3 and little forever, and he told me "God didn't plan it that way mom". I guess I couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment