Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nesting?

I think that I might be starting to have nesting problems. You know the kind, where you fret about how your house is and clean everything in sight. Even though we have no new information on our kids and if we have passed court, I have started to think more about the bedroom they will have and what I need to do with it.

Right now, Owen is in it and will be until we actually pass court and get close to traveling and all of that fun stuff. But I am trying to get things ready as much as I can, without actually getting the room ready. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, but gives me something to do to keep myself from going crazy. (Although one could argue that by doing things for the babies without having them I might just make myself crazier!)

His room has a white chair rail running along the wall, the bottom half is black, and the top half is gray. All of his accents are red and it looks pretty cool. I plan on keeping the black and gray, and then for the babies have an accent color of teal. I have seen all sorts of neat, cheap ideas to decorate with. This past week I made a wreath out of coffee filters and a straw wreath form I got at the good will for cheap. It turned out awesome. Google them to see what I am talking about. Anyway, you can do the same with paper mache balls and hang them from the ceiling. I plan on dyeing the coffee filters teal, and having several different sizes grouped together in the corner.

I also have this huge amazing frame from one of those old family photos taken a hundred years or so ago. Someone dontated the frame to our garage sale and I couldn't let it go. Right now it is just hanging out in our basement, but I am going to spray paint it black, hang it on the wall, and then put up our kids' names in wood letters inside of it. I would love to say that I am creative enough to come up with these ideas on my own, but I am not. I googled black and white nurseries and all sorts of awesome stuff came up.

Plus, we are fortunate enough to have an IKEA about an hour away, and I must admit I am obsessed. People generally have a love/hate relationship with that store, and I am not ashamed to admit that I love it! They have super cool fabric to make curtains, if I don't find anything already, and I love that their plastic stuff doesn't have BPA in it. There will be plenty of things to help with the nursery.

Of course, moving Owen in with his sister is going to present some challenges. Lately, they have not been the best of friends. Our plan is to set up the adjoining area to Ava's room with his toys, so he can spend most of his time in there, and basically only have to sleep in her room at night. (Where the egress window is.) Unfortunately, we can't build Owen's new room until the ground thaws again and that is going to be a loooong time from now. They will just have to get along!

No comments:

Post a Comment