Thursday, December 16, 2010

We have lost our little girl referral.

Her mother has come back. My heart is hurting on so many different levels. We have dreamed about her being in our family for 3 months. Everyday the kids pray for her and our little boy. We though that we were going to lose her once before, and my kids took it so hard. I haven't told them yet that we really won't be able to bring her home. I have no idea what Ava will say- she has been so excited about the though of a sister.

I would never want to bring a child home that the parent still wants, but a part of me just wonders what will happen to our little girl. Her mother is around 13 or 14 years old, and lets face it, this is not a wonderful country for women and girls. I have to trust that God is in control of both our little girl, and her young mother who is still just a child herself.

Now we have to make a decision- do we wait for another referral, or do we decide to just bring our little boy home? 12 weeks and counting for court, how much time do we have to get another referral but not affect the adoption of our son? Is two still even what we are supposed to do? I want no more delays in bringing our son home.

I would appreciate your prayers. We are searching for clarity on what to do at this point.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am so sorry! I'll be praying for the Lord to work His will in the mind and heart of the mother. :-( That is such a hard life for her. Praying you see God in and through this and His presence and peace are overwhelmingly felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jess, I am so very sorry. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you... Hugs :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart breaks for you Jess. Please know we are praying for clarity, wisdom and peace for you and your whole family. I pray for the little girl and her mother. I know God will be with them. I pray especially that the mother's heart is sensitive to the Holy Sprirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, Jess. Oh the heaviness in my heart for you. I'm sorry. I will be praying for very clear direction and very felt comfort from our Lord.

    ReplyDelete