Sunday, March 27, 2011

Every year, without fail, I get a whopping cold of some type in the transition from fall to winter, and winter to spring. 2011 is no exception. :( My daughter had a cold last week with a fever. By day two she was rocking and back to normal- not so with this momma. I don't think it was possible for me to use anymore soap and hand sanitizer. But still, it wasn't enough. Hoping for this to be my last day. On the adoption front, I heard a rumor that USCIS is now taking 10 weeks to process the I600 instead of the 4 that was happening just last month. I am calling tomorrow to see if they can give me any validity to this. I saw it on a blog, and actually when I went to the USCIS website, it does say 2.5 months and that "update" was given Jan. 31, but when I talked to them last month they said 4-6 weeks. Hopefully when I call tomorrow it will be good news. IF it takes 10 weeks, then we are looking at traveling possibly as late as September, maybe into October. All I know is that it's an election year, and that happens in November, we definitely want to be gone before that happens- African elections aren't exactly known for their smoothness.

No comments:

Post a Comment