Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Second day of Spring?

I have posted before about how I am not exactly a winter type of person. This is unfortunate given I live in the North. It's rubbing off on my kids too. Owen often walks around the house saying "I hate winter". Chris tells me I need to be a better example to them in the winter months! I usually give him a dirty look when he says that.

Yesterday, our yard was about half way empty of snow. We had several 50 degree days and it was gorgeous with a capital G. Last night we were supposed to get 2 inches of snow. I was okay with that- it's not too much, and will quickly melt.

Woke up this morning to the following:



Does this look like 2 inches of snow to you? And it is still snowing, oh, and we could get up to 7 more inches today. I heard on the radio that down in the cities an egg truck tipped over and dumped 40,000 pounds of eggs all over the road. I guess I should be thankful I only need to clear the driveway of a foot of snow instead of all those eggs.

I'll probably still be slightly depressed because I read the facebook posting of a friend who lives in Georgia, the country, not the state, with her UN fiancee- they are headed to Rome for 10 days. (I might be slightly bitter!)

The good news is that we got our last piece of paper required- for reals this time- it's still in French, but I am hoping to have it filed with USCIS by the end of next week max. Here's a new time schedule:

I600- filed by April 1st.
approval- hopefully end of April
Embassy appt. requested
Embassy appt. end of May
Visa approval- end of June, sadly, this has been taking families one whole month after embassy appt.
travel- mid July
Home- early to mid August

Not as soon as I was hoping, but the end is in sight- sort of!

No comments:

Post a Comment