Monday, March 21, 2011

Pee stinks

you can tell by the title of this post that I am not so super excited about pee. we moved Owen in with Ava on their bunk beds to give some adjustment time to the new arrangement before the kidlets get home. Our plan is to build Owen a bedroom this summer, but until then they get to reside together.

This morning Owen came in completely distraught- he had an accident. I was hugely surprised. He has had only one other accident in his life, and that was shortly after he was potty trained 2 years ago. But, I do understand. He is downstairs, where we don't have a bathroom yet, and a new environment. Poor kid.

So I am the lucky person who gets to google how to clean pee out of a mattress, because now he is in a big bed that didn't come covered in plastic. (I know you can buy those plastic covers to go over bigger mattresses, but I didn't think it was necessary!) Oh well. My awesome hubby completely cleaned the bathroom yesterday- lucky me!

1 comment:

  1. I unfortunately know the answer to this! lol. We have a mattress cover on our bed - but not a waterproof one (as they are hot)... so needless to say when the kids (read - my son)have snuck in to our bed and have had accidents, we have had to pull the vinegar out a couple of times!

    I find that vinegar works the best. Vinegar neutralizes the urine, and get's rid of the smell. Dump a bunch on (don't be conservative here if he peed a lot)... and then put a towel over the spill to soak it up, and make the bed with the towel still on as it will take a few days to dry. This gets rid of the smell and in my experience - hardly leaves a stain at all!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete