Friday, December 7, 2012

DIY

Another round-up of awesome things I discovered whilst floating around the web.

1. DIY Anthro Ornament knock-off


The Hunted Interior- I love this blog name so much, it's what made me jump over and check it out.

If I didn't have 5 kids I would be all over this.  My parents have a flock of Peacocks, and they drop their feathers every fall and we are constantly trying to figure out what to do with hundreds of peacock feathers.  Can you even imagine a tree filled with these?  Amazing.  One day, years from now, I am going to make it happen.


2. DIY Gold Bar Necklace



Rushing to the hardware store to make this necklace done on Stripes and Sequins.  Those bars are unfortunately called "pipe nipples", nonetheless, they make a kick-butt necklace.

3.  DIY Anthro Snow Globes 



This is the second Anthropologie knock-off in one post.  I am no different then every other girl out there who loves what they do, but no the prices.  Instead, copy this cute tutorial from the blog A Creative Day, which I am loving more and more every time I stop in.

4.  DIY Santa and Sleigh Reindeer Garland

DIY Santa & Reindeer Garland, The Proper Pinwheel, Mission: Merry 2012, Holiday DIY, Mantle Decorations

This is just pure stinkin' cuteness, even if you don't do Santa Claus (and we don't).  We also don't have a mantle, but you could totally hang this on a wall.  From The Proper Pinwheel.  I think it would actually be quite hilarious if you changed out the reindeer for whatever regional animal you have in abundance.  For instance, I would crack up if I visited a home on the Coast and they had Santa being pulled by a bunch octopus.  (I know, it's supposed to be octopi, but that just looks and sounds so bizarre.)

5.  DIY Burlap Wreath



Burlap, one of the cheapest "fabrics" on the face of the planet.  And I absolutely love it.  Found this tutorial at a new blog I just discovered called Between You and Me.  Note that the tutorial is for the wreath before she put on the Christmas bow.

Some DIY goodness with a Christmas theme to it.  Mostly these will forever reside in my Pinterest account for my free time in the future.  When hopefully at that point I can come back and do some of this awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment