Monday, December 17, 2012

Drinking Chocolate Heaven

Like so many other 30-something women, I am having a Downton Abbey Season 3 Party (Chris too!), and I came across this recipe for crockpot coconut hot chocolate, which is to.die.for.  I honestly didn't think I would like it because I am not crazy about coconut, but I want to swim in a ginormous vat of this.  Chris wanted me to test it our early in case it tasted terrible.  The only thing I did differently was that I didn't add the coconut extract and I had to thin it out a bit at the end with regular milk because it was too thick for my taste.

I mean just look at this!

Plus, the blog it came from, How Sweet It Is  is amazing.  I think I will be spending a lot of time there in the future.  I've never dabbled too much with food blogs but this may just start an addiction for me.

I decided to go ahead and do a couple other awesome food pictures and links after the amazing hot chocolate and I haven't made the following but I probably will for the hubs.



Eggnog makes me want to vomit.  But hubby and a couple of the kids LOVE it.  There is just no accounting for taste, is there? But I will cave since it's the holidays and give this one a whirl.  From the blog I Heart Nap Time.


Our freezer co-op is still amazing.  And totally 100% delicious.  I made Mediterranean Tilapia for my meal the last round.  I originally got the recipe off a blog, but I don't remember which one unfortunately, so I can't direct you to the original.  I made a few changes and this rocked my socks.


Mashing it up and mixing it together is the best way.


Here's the recipe:


Mediterranean Tilapia 
6 Tilapia fillets
8 tbsp. of Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
3 tbsp. of capers, drained  NOT FROZEN
3 tbsp. Olives, chopped  NOT FROZEN
Lemon juice, NOT INCLUDED
2 cloves of garlic
Olive oil or butter for drizzling fish OPTIONAL

Prep for cooking:
Thaw fish.  Pre-heat the oven to 375.  Place the tilapia fillets in a baking dish.  Drizzle with lemon juice (not included).  Optional:  brush with olive oil or butter before drizzling with lemon juice.  Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork, turn once half way through.  While the fish is baking, mix together the sun-dried tomatoes, capers and olives in a small bowl.  Set aside.  Once the tilapia is finished baking top with tomato mixture, serve and enjoy!


And artichoke potatoes was recommended as a side course so a quick hop on pinterest led me to this beauty from The Good Eatah.  (It doesn't appear that the blog is still running, her last entry was in September 2012.)


Can I just say how amazing this recipe was with the Mediterranean Tilapia?  Holy smokes.  I feel like a totally accomplished cook.

I haven't done too well with my Yotam Ottolenghi month of cooking but basically because we've eaten a freezer meal essentially every night during the week, I have however made his crusted pumpkin wedges with dill sour cream.  They were okay.  I think they would have tasted better but I overcooked the Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.  Such is life.

Anyway, moral of this blog post is: I think I'm becoming a food snob.  Just kidding.  The moral is go out and try something new!

1 comment:

  1. I really need your squash/garlic recipe. Seriously, I went out and bought a squash the day after I tasted it and don't know what I'm supposed to do with it now. :) I'll be emailing you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete